JOB TITLE: Housekeeping
DEPARTMENT: Building Services
SALARY CLASSIFICATIONS: Non-exempt, Hourly
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Clean resident rooms, parlors and halls according to facilities policies and procedures. Special cleaning projects will be assigned. May be scheduled to work in any area of the department. Includes everother weekends and holidays. Laundry, floor care, assisted living, and other apartments.
POSITIONS: Full Time
REPORTS TO: Director of Building Services
HOURS: 7:30 A.M. TO 3:00P.M. or as scheduled per the Building Services Director.
Education: High school graduate.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to read, write and follow oral and written instructions.
- Knowledge of the work to be performed.
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to unforeseen changes, interruptions.
FUNDAMENTAL JOB DUTIES:
- Ability to work closely with other staff personnel.
- Communicate with nursing staff when necessary.
- Adaptable to situations that may occur in a nursing home.
- Be a good evaluator and manager of time.
- Dusting, Dust mopping, wet mopping, collecting garbage, vacuuming and washing windows..
- Expected to clean up spills, vomit, etc. from floors when needed.
- All cleaning standards must be met.
- Make any room changes according to Social Services requests.
- Pack residents’ belongings upon a discharge or death, and clean the room for its next occupant.
- Know and follow facility safety rules.
- Know the tornado and fire procedures.
SECONDARY JOB DUTIES:
- To wear nametag at all times.
- Maintains an effective working relationship with fellow employees.
- Maintains a neat and orderly workstation.
- Performs duties in a safe manner and observes all safety policies.
- To follow rules and regulations of facility and department as stated in the employee handbook and department procedure manuals.
- To adhere to the Code of Conduct and Compliance policies as defined in the new employee orientation information.
- May perform reasonably similar or related duties as assigned.
- Work will be monitored and inspected on a regular basis.
- Any assigned tasks must be completed by the end of each shift.
- Complete all tasks according to prescribed procedures.
- Utilize chemicals and supplies efficiently according to established procedures and amounts.
- Exercise established safety practices with regard to patients, staff, visitors and self.
- Operate equipment safely and efficiently according to established policy and procedures.
- Cleans and returns all equipment to storage areas after each use.
- Immediately reports all damaged and unsafe equipment to the Maintenance Department.
- Maintains established level of supplies for the work area.
- Maintains resident privacy and confidentiality at all times according to established procedures.
- Provides positive supportive communication to residents, families, visitors, anyone within our facility.
- Assist visitors with information or directions whenever requested or when a visitor appears in need of help.
- Works in a typical long term care environment subject to the hazards associated with such a facility.
- Flexible working schedule is required, including overtime, weekend assignments, and coming in on short notice.
- Work with large and small equipment, many odors and some dust.
- Constant amounts of physical effort required, including walking lifting, pulling, pushing, stooping, reaching and operating different equipment.
- Vision must be good and prescribed glasses worn.
- High tolerance for pressure and stress due to task interruptions.
- High tolerance for change.
- Must be able to occasionally lift and carry up to _______30_________ pounds.