GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Evening Shift Supervisor works under the guidance of the Director of Nursing to coordinate resident care and evaluate staff performance on the evening shift. The Evening Shift Supervisor will serve as a team member to promote the optimal level of functioning and the dignity of each resident.
REPORTS TO: Director of Nursing
Full Benefits package
Pay for experience.
Skilled nursing home care preferred but not required.
- Current license as a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse in the state of Minnesota.
- Current C.P.R. certification.
- Experience in geriatric nursing preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Must possess good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must qualify for employment after criminal background study, per guidelines of the Minnesota Department of Human Services.
FUNDAMENTAL JOB DUTIES:
- Participate in planning staffing ratios to best meet the needs of each nursing station and the facility as a whole; assist with scheduling tasks as assigned.
- Communicate with staff to develop and enhance performance. Conduct annual performance evaluations for evening shift staff. Promote retention of staff by affirming their individual contributions to the organization.
- Identify staff educational needs and participate in providing ongoing education and orientation of staff.
- Be available to charge nurses for consultation regarding needs of the residents.
- Promote cooperation and teamwork by being a role model to all staff; promote positive relationships with other departments.
- Demonstrate professional growth by actively pursuing continuing educational opportunities.
- Administer staff disciplinary action when appropriate.
- Participate in quality improvement efforts, including completion of audits as directed.
- Participate in resident admission process including the completion of the admission assessment, review of physician orders, and initiation of nursing care plan.
- Additional duties may be assigned as the need arises.
- Adhere to the Code of Conduct and Compliance policies as defined in the new employee orientation information.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Office and nursing areas.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 75 pounds and carry up to 35 pounds.
- Ability to occasionally bend, stop, squat, reach about shoulder level, crouch, kneel and push/pull.
Please call us at 507-526-2184 for more information.