GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Responsible for helping serve residents, setting up assorted snacks for handing out. Helps keep clean dishes put away coming from dishwasher. Serves residents beverages and helps with clean up in dining areas.. Responsible for sanitation and care of equipment, tray identification procedures, Performs any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
REPORTS TO: Director of Culinary Services
Education: High school student.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of the work to be performed.
- Ability to work unsupervised and at a fast pace.
FUNDAMENTAL JOB DUTIES:
- Ability to work closely with other staff personnel.
- Communicate with nursing staff when necessary.
- Adaptable to situations that may occur in a nursing home.
- Understanding of basic quantity food preparation and sanitation control.
- Acquainted with food service nomenclature, the use of food service equipment, ability to work from written and oral instructions.
- Have general understanding of general and modified diets.
- Ability to work from a printed menu and spreadsheet.
- Know and follow facility safety rules.
- Know the tornado and fire procedures.
SECONDARY JOB DUTIES:
- To wear nametag at all times.
- Maintains an effective working relationship with fellow employees.
- Maintains a neat and orderly workstation.
- Performs duties in a safe manner and observes all safety policies.
- To follow rules and regulations of facility and department as stated in the employee handbook and department procedure manuals.
- May perform reasonably similar or related duties as assigned.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Office and kitchen areas.
- Ability to occasionally bend, stoop, squat, reach above shoulder level, crouch, kneel, and push/pull.
- Ability to carry up to 35 pounds.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to understand and use good body mechanics
This Job Description subject to review and modification as needed.
St. Luke’s Lutheran Care Center is an equal opportunity provider and employer